Your Cart is Currently Empty
The Canterbury Gold Reference is designed for those who demand the power and passion of the 380mm (15.00”) Gold Reference Dual Concentric™ driver yet require a more compact loudspeaker than the magnificent Westminster Royal GR. The new 15in Gold Reference driver is Tannoy’s most powerful and articulate Dual to date, boasting an incredible 600-watt peak power handling and offering over 96dB efficiency in the 235 litre Canterbury GR cabinet.
The legendary 15" Dual has been upgraded extensively for the Gold Reference series with many of the enhancements being ‘trickle-down’ technology from Tannoy’s flagship Kingdom Royal development project. The low-frequency section of the GR driver has a new fibre enriched paper pulp cone material to realise further improvements in the cone’s mechanical characteristics. The cone is terminated with a twin roll surround of impregnated fabric for improved damping characteristics. The Canterbury GR’s HF unit marks a significant leap forward in the technology and performance comprising a new aluminium-magnesium alloy compression driver diaphragm that has been heat treated to further improve it mechanical integrity under HF loads. The use of new Mylar™ surround materials offer improved damping and motor cooling, resulting in exceptional clarity and articulation throughout the HF range. Capable of high-volume listening without fatigue, the Gold Reference Dual brings even greater naturalness and presence to the Tannoy Canterbury loudspeaker.
The massive Canterbury crossover has been redesigned to provide a cleaner and more accurate signal to the new 15in Dual. Featuring Tannoy-specification ICW ClarityCap™ MR capacitors, low loss laminated core inductors and thick-film resistors, the entire crossover is Deep Cryogenically Treated as a whole unit. The process has allowed the Canterbury GR to achieve unparalleled gains in resolution and deliver an even more natural and cohesive sound.
The bespoke birch plywood cabinetry has been engineered with a Variable Distributed Port system allowing low-frequency output to be tuned to suit any room dimensions. The extensively braced and damped cabinet is made with time-honoured traditional craftsmanship by Tannoy’s finest cabinet makers. The timeless beauty of the oiled walnut veneer and hand selected burr walnut inlays is complemented with gold anodized machined metal trim and a welcome return of the classic Tannoy lightning strike logo.
The Canterbury GR’s 15in Dual with its signature PepperPot WaveGuide™, Alnico motor system, and HF compression driver delivers a superbly dynamic overall presentation with fast, accurate bass and a fluid and open midrange. The dual variable distributed port system and Tannoy’s signature High-Frequency power switch gives unique flexibility with room placement and personal tuning. The classic Tannoy design, high-tech advances in driver and crossover manufacturing and the finest British cabinetry make Gold Reference the finest evolution of the classic Tannoy Canterbury to date.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.