Your Cart is Currently Empty
Far be it for us to modify a design that’s proven so practical and pleasing to such a wide variety of listeners, but as Sumiko has pushed forward in recent years with our exploration of resonance optimization, it was a matter of time before our classic Blue Point No. 2 was re-evaluated. Blue Point No. 2 – among the world’s first high-output MC cartridges – across decades has become something of a staple among listeners looking for a taste of moving coil sonics without the added expense of MC pre-amplification. We’ve long loved this cartridge and it will remain dear to us among our heritage lineup, but indeed we’ve got another ‘Point’ to make…
Along with the release of our Reference Celebration 40, we bring you Blue Point No. 3 – another nod to our 40 years of cartridge development in the pursuit to enrich your listening experience. We’ve taken a close look & listen at the resonance properties of Blue Point No. 2 and have recognized room for refinement. Resonance having a more significant impact than many listeners may realize, we sought to reimagine how the housing resonates around the generator… and we feel we’ve struck gold.
The sonic presentation of Blue Point No. 3 harkens back to vintage Shure & Stanton MMs remembered for their smoothness. With our tried & true MC generator system, that smoothness is enhanced with the subtlety & nuance you’d expect from a Sumiko MC. First and foremost – and if ever the word were appropriate – Blue Point No. 3 assembles its sonic picture from the ground up with its oh-so buttery low-end response. Bass enthusiasts are in for a treat here. Full & warm yet defined & textured, the coziness of the bass will invite you right in. It doesn’t stop there, however. You can expect the similar lushness through the mids that remain decipherable, high-frequency attack & decay that’s simply sweet & airy.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.