Edge W is made to be played loud. When you do turn it up, expect nothing but a dynamic and punchy sound that captures all the musicality of your songs. With just 14 hand-picked components, Edge W has one of the cleanest signal paths available. It delivers our breath-taking, unadulterated British sound – nothing added, nothing taken away.
For all its power, Edge W is remarkably detailed. The sound is finely balanced, with a musical depth and clarity that comes through with every note. It’s all down to how we chose the componentry inside – nothing was picked on price, specs or measured performance. We listened carefully and created our system with components that simply sounded the best. The end result is a power amplifier that truly brings an original recording to life like no other.
Although minimal in its exterior design, Edge W has some complex audio engineering inside. To remove the barriers between you and your music, we have worked hard to minimise the number of components in the signal path. As a result, Edge W delivers a more faithful reproduction of the original recording; an impressively detailed three-dimensional sound, with striking staging and focus.
We pioneered the use of toroidal transformers in amplifiers, which led to improved performance. In Edge we take this one step further, using opposing symmetry twin toroidal transformers. This cancels out electromagnetic interference whilst offering outstanding power and maintaining consistent tonality, no matter how loud it’s played.
- Hand-picked components – hours of listening to select only those that sound the best.
- Twin Toroidal Transformers – huge reserves of power for consistent tonality.
- Cambridge Audio proprietary Class XA Amplification - no audible crossover distortion.
- Short signal path – Only 14 components between you and your music.
- Perfect partners – pair your Edge W with the Edge NQ to create your perfect system.