Your Cart is Currently Empty
The C8 Vacuum Tube Preamplifier has an open chassis industrial design similar to our popular MC275 Vacuum Tube Amplifier, and MA252 and MA352 Integrated Amplifiers. When combined with an amplifier (like the matching MC830 Amplifier), source components such as a turntable, CD player or streaming music player, and a pair of speakers, it can help deliver a lifelike audio experience in your home.
Similarly sized to our MA252 Integrated Amplifier, the C8 is powered by four 12AX7a vacuum tubes housed inside stylish protective cages. For inputs, the C8 comes with 1 balanced and 2 unbalanced analog inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet phono inputs with adjustable loading to play cherished vinyl collections. All inputs can be given user-friendly names in order to simplify user control. Bass and treble tone controls help fine tune your music to your personal preferences. For outputs, it has 1 balanced and 2 unbalanced; 1 of the unbalanced outputs can be configured as a subwoofer output for use with a powered subwoofer to further enhance low frequencies.
While the C8 does not come equipped with any digital inputs, it is digital-audio-ready as our DA2 Digital Audio Module can be installed in it. Adding the DA2 is an optional dealer installed upgrade. The DA2 has 7 digital inputs: 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT (for use with our MCT500 or MCT80 SACD/CD Transport), and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)1 connection. The DA2 is powered by a next generation, Quad Balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC). Its audiophile-grade DAC is highlighted by improved dynamic range and improved total harmonic distortion. For high resolution audio playback, the USB input can support native playback of up to DSD512 and DXD up to 384kHz, and the coax and optical inputs can decode digital music up to 24-bit/192kHz.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.