The Amplitude16 is the most versatile power amplifier ever designed to address the varying needs of your immersive home theater.
Designed for immersive home theaters, with custom integration in mind, the Amplitude16 becomes perhaps the most versatile power amplifier available today, providing integrators with the unique ability to meet diverse channel counts and power requirements.
Effectively two 8-channel amplifiers on a single 3RU chassis, the Amplitude16 has dual power supplies, each requiring its own 15A AC mains power inlet.
- Maximum continuous power with all 16 channels driven is 2800W at 115V and 3200W at 230V with less than 0.1% THD+N.
- Maximum peak power with all 16 channels driven is 6080W with 1% THD+N.
BRIDGE TO POWER
In its base model, it is a 16-channel power amplifier with a power rating of 200W/channel at 8 ohms and 400W/channel at 4 ohms.
Going beyond, the Amplitude16 provides the integrator with the option to bridge pairs of amplifier channels to increase available power for specific outputs.
This enables the integrator to maximize power for the channels with the greatest demand (left, center, and right screen channels).
In bridged mode, the power increases to 800W/channel at 8 ohms and over 1,000W/channel at 4 ohms.
Balanced analog input is through dual Tascam pinout DB25 connectors, which eliminate the need for up to 16 individual XLR connections, making for a much more efficient connection and rack dressing.
A front panel LED display identifies normal operation, channel clipping, protection, and bridge status for each pair of channels. Trigger inputs and outputs are provided to power on the amplifier and to daisy-chain other amplifiers in the system.
The input level sensitivity of the Amplitude16matches perfectly the Altitude output level to maximize dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio.
The importance of this trait cannot be over-estimated in a theater that may have twenty or thirty speakers in a single room. If each of those speakers were producing even a small amount of noise, it would rapidly become noticeable and unacceptable.
This scenario never arises with the Amplitude16
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.