Your Cart is Currently Empty
More than 5 years since its debut, Il Cremonese remains one of the most popular loudspeaker systems in the Sonus faber portfolio. Initially introduced with the intention of completing the Homage collection, due to its superb capability, this speaker immediately placed itself among the ranks of Sonus faber's Reference collection catalogue, the line that perfectly exemplifies the brand's excellence. This particular predilection turned the Il Cremonese into the perfect platform for one of the most important activities of the electro-acoustic design: experimentation. This is the birth of a unique loudspeaker system, embellished by the return of an historical Sonus faber finish: the classic "Red Violin".
By mainly working around the behavior of both the top and bottom ends of the audio spectrum it was possible to extract a performance, avoiding any sort of interpretation, of the musical message so that Il Cremonese ex3me could even be used as an extremely high-performance professional studio monitor.
The new loudspeaker system came to life by the fusion of elements belonging to the original project, such as midrange and woofers, with the most iconic solution derived from the company's 30th Anniversary celebration concept speaker model, Ex3ma.
From Ex3ma, Il Cremonese ex3me inherits the Beryllium DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) tweeter. Sonus faber set aside its classic silk diaphragm Damped Apex Dome tweeter to approach this transducer construction. Brilliant in terms of transparency and micro dynamics, the Beryllium tweeter diaphragm has formidable physical characteristics but it has a sound presentation often described as a "metallic flavor" which can often make listening unpleasant. To mitigate this typical Beryllium characteristic we used a treatment called "Chemical Vapor Deposition". A layer of D.L.C. is deposited on the diaphragm surface, turning it black and giving the Beryllium some of the typical properties of diamond- the most important being its amorphous nature and unmatched strength. As a result, the new diaphragm is increasingly rigid with a nearly unperceivable higher resonant frequency, making it capable of extremely fast sound, very detailed and airy - free of coloration.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.