Your Cart is Currently Empty
Be prepared for future digital music technologies with the C49 Preamplifier. The C49 features our DA1 Digital Audio Module, which can be replaced by new modules as new digital audio technologies are developed. This will allow you to keep your C49 up to date with digital music formats and viable well into the future.
The C49 comes with a multitude of inputs. For analog, it has 2 balanced and 3 unbalanced, along with 2 phono inputs (comprised of 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet) for connecting turntables. On the digital side, it has 6 inputs housed in the DA1 module. The inputs are: 2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 proprietary MCT (for use with our MCT series of SACD/CD Transports). The DA1 is powered by an 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) that is used in Quad Balanced mode; it supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz for playback of high resolution audio. In total, the C49 has 13 inputs, and each can be given user-friendly names to simplify system setup and control.
For connecting to your amplifier and the rest of your home audio system, the C49 has 2 balanced variable outputs, 2 unbalanced variable outputs, and 1 unbalanced fixed output. The outputs are designed for easy use when bi-amping your speakers so that neither your highs or lows are inadvertently turned off. Your audio sources can be fine tuned via the bass and treble tone controls. The C49 can be seamlessly integrated into your home theater system via Home Theater Pass Through. Power Control ports allow for the easy turn on/turn off of other connected McIntosh components, while the Data Ports can send remote control commands to connected source components. Our High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) is also included.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.