Pro-Ject X2 Turntable
Product Code : X2
The design is carefully tuned to offer the most critical features for the best price and everything is put together with Pro-Ject‘s decade long experience in making the best-performing turntables without blowing the budget:
- MDF is 2-3 times more expensive than standard particle boards, not to mention a plastic chassis, but sounds and feels way better.
- The X2‘s luxury 8 layers of painting and the hand-polished finish are 3-4 times more expensive than simple foils.
- Inside, it houses a sophisticated DC/AC generator board which, combined with the convenient speed control board, delivers clean and stable power to the quiet-running motor.
- This adds additional cost, but performs many times better than a simple, direct powered AC motor.
- For even further improved performance, the motor is decoupled from the main plinth using a new motor suspension system.
- In the X2, the motor drives a new, heavy, non-resonant Acryl platter via a sub-platter drive system and a premium grade main bearing for liquid smooth rotation. This is the perfect platform on which to place your precious vinyl records, guaranteeing absolute reliability in its performance and sonic character.
- The X2 is also better than its predecessors thanks to the super-stiff, perfectly tempered Carbon/Alu sandwich construction tonearm. This 9“ tonearm design is incredibly light and stiff, with improved resistance to external interference. Finished as a one-piece, with no resonance-inducing headshell, the X2 can also be set for azimuth and VTA adjustment, offering the flexibility that so many people are asking for, especially in this and even lower price ranges.
- The tonearm is then supplied with a TPE-damped counterweight, further reducing cartridge-tonearm resonances.
- The X2 is packaged to suit anyone who cares about how their vinyl sounds. Supplied either with or without a premium Pick it 2M Silver cartridge, manufactured by the cartridge experts at Ortofon exclusively for Pro-Ject turntables, it can be ready to play within a few minutes of unboxing. Also supplied in the box is our Connect-IT E RCA cables, a semi-balanced, low-capacitance cable with superior shielding that’s optimized for turntable use.
- Lastly, height-adjustable feet in their Alu/TPE sandwich construction are a very exclusive but necessary feature to level the turntable and effectively isolate it from the surface it is place on.