Your Cart is Currently Empty
It is apparent throughout contemporary culture that modern and classical designs are working, more than ever before, in harmony. Countless varying product categories, such as cars, watches and furniture, are all embracing the ever-popular retro trend.
The reasoning behind this love of 'retro' is it's inherent mix of classical beauty, combined with absolute mechanical precision, high-quality components, and superior performance.
Pro-ject products gave analog a new life in the nineties; our products have successfully shown that you can listen to music in a better way than with any contemporary digital medium, and it doesn't have to cost the earth.
However, now with the Xtension, we at Pro-Ject aim to bring back a classical analog concept from the eighties, and combine it with our advanced contemporary technologies. After eighteen years of turntable manufacturing for analog lovers on a budget, we're delighted to announce our first deck not subscribed to budgetary limitations; and boy does it deliver.
Already, the critically acclaimed 6perspeX has proved the fantastic result of using magnets to isolate the subchassis. So consequently, for the Xtension this technology has been re-developed to utilise new magnetic feet, which almost completely decouple the main plinth. Combine this with the weighty 25kg total mass of the turntable, and the listener benefi ts from minimal base resonance. This is a unique combination of 'mass loaded' and 'floating turntable' design principals.
In keeping with these principles, the platter is metal due to its higher mass than acrylic. However, the old standard adoption of pure metal has been abandoned because of its highly-resonant tendencies. Instead, we've found a perfect alloy which we dampened on the inner side with Sorbothane. Taking this base, we've glued recycled Vinyl records to the top (which act as a perfect mat) and bake this 'sandwich' before precision balancing it. The final product subsequently benefits from a wonderfully resonance-free, heavy platter.
Another consideration was the amount of energy the tonearm base would have to take from arm and cartridge movement. These energies have to be controlled, as do those from the motor and the bearing (they have to be kept away from the tonearm to avoid interference). Consequently, the tonearm base on the Xtension also benefits from 'high-mass' technologies, and is isolated from the main board by a sheet of Sorbothane. Importantly though, this board is still able to incorporate the adoption of different tonearms.
As we originally premised with this turntable, to be in keeping with its 'classic' ethos, the Xtension comes with a beautiful dustcover with adjustable hinges, as well as several finish options in a high-gloss lacquer. Ultimately, the Xtension truly delivers a timelessly classic, exclusive analogue experience.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.