Your Cart is Currently Empty
Combining fully discrete current feedback circuitry and our exclusive HDAM technology, the Marantz PM8005 integrated stereo amplifier delivers audiophile grade sound quality along with system operational flexibility. Rated at 70 watts per channel into 8 ohms, the PM8005 features a robust power supply along with high current capability to deliver 100 watts per channel into 4 ohms, for compatibility and operational stability with the widest range of loudspeakers.
The versatile pre-amp section features 6 line level inputs including a phono (MM) input, and the PM8005 also includes pre-amp outputs along with a power amp direct input, which lets you use the unit as a standalone power amplifier for integration into a multi-channel home theater system. For precise sound tailoring, the PM8005 features our triple tone control system, with separate controls for the bass, midrange and treble segments. The elegant remote control features an ergonomic layout for easy operation, and includes the ability to control our companion SA8005 disc player and one of our network players.
The PM8005 features our exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, which consists of precision discrete selected circuit elements on a compact sub-board, instead of conventional op-amp integrated circuits. Multiple HDAM units are employed, including HDAM-SA3 and HDAM-SA2 versions that provide gain and buffering functions, to deliver dynamic and detailed sound quality. The PM8005 features current feedback technology for ultra low distortion and wideband response, along with superb musicality.
The robust power supply features a high current toroidal main power transformer that is rated at 625VA, to easily provide extra power to the amplifier stage in order to handle demanding short term peaks. High current Shottky barrier diodes in the rectification stage are rated at 20 amps, with the ability to handle up to 180 amps peak current, providing sufficient power reserve to handle virtually any loudspeaker load.
The PM8005 is equipped with multiple high speed, high current power output devices that are each rated at 14 amps of current output capability, providing a very high amount of dynamic headroom, along with compatibility with lower impedance loudspeakers. For optimum heat dissipation, the PM8005 is equipped with solid aluminum power amplifier heat sinks, with a combined total radiating area of 326 square inches, eliminating the need for fans. The PM8005 is conservatively rated at 70 watts per channel into 8 ohms, and 100 watts per channel into 4 ohms, for compatibility with the widest range of loudspeakers.
For the utmost stability and protection from induced vibrations, the PM8005 features a rugged chassis design, which includes a triple layer bottom plate. To eliminate distortion from stray magnetic fields, the high current toroidal main power transformer features double shielding.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.