Your Cart is Currently Empty
KALLIOPE (a.k.a. Calliope, meaning “beautiful voice”) is the eldest of the Muses, goddesses of music, song and dance in Greek mythology. Kalliope is the goddess of epic poetry and eloquence.
In any audio system, there are certain points along the signal path that are more crucial than others. These are the intersections where the signal is converted from one form of energy into another. Such transformations occur when the needle of a phono cartridge traverses the micro-grooves of a vinyl record, converting kinetic energy into an electrical signal. At the opposite end of the signal path, loudspeakers must transform electrical input into acoustic output.
But perhaps the most critical transformation of all is the conversion of the output of digital sources into an analogue signal, ideally without loss or distortion of any kind. Despite the lofty claims of many manufacturers, what is lost or changed at this point can never be recovered or restored.
In acknowledgment of the on-going refinement of digital audio sources and the rapid evolution of high-resolution digital audio formats, Gryphon Audio Designs now presents the Gryphon Kalliope digital to analogue converter to stand as the gateway that conveys the musical signal from one domain to the next in utterly pristine condition.
- Dedicated ESS SABRE ES9018 32-bit D/A converter for each channel
- Each ES9018 incorporates eight individual D/A converters in Dual Differential coupling for optimal performance
- USB input compatible with following audio formats via PC/MAC. PCM: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192, 352.8 and 384 kHz, up to 32 bits. DSD via USB (DoP): 2.822, 3.072, 5.644 and 6.144 MHz
- BNC and XLR inputs compatible with PCM: 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, up to 24 bits
- User-selectable PCM and DSD digital roll-off filters
- User-selectable asynchronous PCM sample rate conversion
- Temperature-compensated, ultra-low jitter crystal oscillators with better than 5 parts per million accuracy
- 12.5 Farad SuperCap powersupply for the Kalliope USB module which acts like a true battery supply
- Balanced 110 Ohm XLR AES/EBU input
- Three single-ended 75 Ohm BNC S/PDIF inputs.
- Balanced 110 Ohm XLR AES/EBU output for de-jittered signal from selected input
- Galvanic isolation of BNC and XLR inputs for minimal jitter
- 75 Ohm BNC connector for optional external word clock
- Modular digital audio sections for possible future upgrades
- True Class A, fully discrete analogue circuitry with zero negative feedback
- First-order PCM analogue filters and second-order DSD analogue filters with silvered Mica capacitors
- Analogue output stages with discrete, ultra-low noise +/- 25VDC regulated voltage supplies for best THD and noise suppression
- Discrete, ultra-low noise power supply for analogue section of ES9018 DAC
- Comprehensive noise regulation of all digital circuits
- Custom-built 65 VA toroidal transformer for each analogue channel
- 34,000 microFarad power capacitor banks for each analogue channel
- True Dual Mono configuration
- Balanced XLR analogue outputs and single-ended phono outputs
- Ultra-short signal path with minimal internal wiring
- Four-layer 70μ thick copper trace PCB’s
- Personalised naming of each input
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display with variable illumination
- No drivers required for LINUX or MAC OSX
- Driver available for Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Automatic standby mode with user-selectable interval
- Standby power consumption less than 0.5W in accordance with EU regulations
- 12V link in/out
- Infrared remote control
- EU CE approval
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.