Gryphon Diablo 120 Integrated Amplifier
Product Code : Diablo 120
The concept of an integrated amplifier that embodies the same ethos, musical and sonic qualities as Gryphon Audio Designs’ most esoteric offerings, but at a fraction of the cost, is clearly an attractive proposition and through the single-minded dedication of the Gryphon team, the integrated amplifier has come of age as a serious, respected High End component, bringing legendary Gryphon performance and styling to a new level of affordable cost and ease of use.
As far back as April, 2009, Gryphon introduced the original Atilla, building on the brand’s impressive reputation as a pioneer in the design of unapologetic integrated amplifiers that can stand their ground against the competition’s finest separate components.
French Haute Fidelité magazine called it a “Best Buy.” Australian Hi-Fi magazine placed it “Easily up there with the very best” and UK magazine Hi-Fi Choice simply called the Gryphon Atilla “one of the very finest integrated amplifiers available.”
In continuous production until 2016, the Atilla had a long run that is exceptional in High End audio. (Sadly, longevity is generally an overlooked and seriously undervalued attribute.)
In the interim period, Gryphon has made great advances in the critical fields of circuit topology and parts design and selection with the evolution of the state of the art, cost no object Pandora preamplifier and Mephisto power amplifier.
Now, drawing heavily on our experience with these uncompromising, reference level components, Gryphon Audio Designs proudly presents the next generation Atilla, the Gryphon Diablo 120.
Gryphon Diablo 120 exudes timeless elegance and beauty, informed by the unique vision of Gryphon founder and CEO Flemming E. Rasmussen.
- True Dual Mono configuration
- Zero negative feedback
- Microprocessor-controlled 46-step relay volume attenuator for best sonic performance featuring only up to 6 resistors in series with signal at all levels
- Optional phonostage MM/MC module
- Optional DAC PCM/DSD module with one USB, 1 BNC S/PDIF, 1 AES/EBU and 1 optical input
- Digital formats. USB: PCM: 44.1kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 9 6kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz and 384 kHz up to 32-bit.
- USB: DSD (DoP); DSD64 (2.822 MHz, 3.072 MHz), DSD128 (5.644 MHz, 6.144 MHz).
- USB Native DSD: DSD256* (11.2896 MHz) and DSD512* (22.5792 MHz) (currently, DSD256 and DSD512 only on Windows OS)
- BNC S/PDIF and AES/EBU digital inputs: up to 192 kHz/32-bit
- TOSLink: up to 96 kHz/24-bit
- One optional module can be installed at time of purchase or later, either phonostage or DAC
- Ultra-short signal path
- Minimal internal wiring
- Two to four-layer printed circuit boards up to 70µm copper
- Dual Mono Holmgren toroidal transformer
- PCB-mounted sockets eliminate wiring and shorten signal path
- Gold-plated Swiss Neutric XLR sockets for one balanced source
- Gold-plated phono sockets with Teflon insulation for four inputs and one Tape output
- Fixed-level AV throughput for uncompromising integration with surround preamplifier
- Graphical Vacuum Fluorescent Display with larger font for improved legibility
- Adjustable display intensity (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, Off)
- 12VDC link input and output
- Flash memory upgrades via Key-Fob
- Non-invasive protection system
- Infrared remote control
- EU CE approval
- Standby power consumption < 0.5 W
- Designed and built in Denmark