Your Cart is Currently Empty
The eagerly anticipated Gryphon Colosseum is the first new Gryphon component since the Mirage preamplifier, the radical design experiment that laid the cornerstone for an esoteric third tier of Gryphon components. Representing the most comprehensive development project in Gryphon's history, the Colosseum Stereo Power Amplifer will enhance any home audio system.
For ultimate convenience, the Colosseum can be configured to turn on automatically when the preamplifier turns on and to power down following a period with no signal. A software-based user interface permits easy, intuitive access to practical user-controlled features.
Gryphon Audio Designs remains committed to discrete circuitry and 100% Class A bias in the Gryphon Colosseum power amplifier, weighing in at 80 kg.
While the Colosseum takes Gryphon's distinctive styling one step further, our ongoing commitment to uncompromising sound quality is reaffirmed by a wealth of details such as 2 x 160 Watts Pure Class A output power, 48 High-current bipolar output transistors, a 340,000 microFarad power capacitor bank and flat frequency response extending beyond 350 kHz.
The strict dual mono amplifier is suspended between the curved, de-coupled side panels in a unique configuration that provides optimal layout and operating conditions for all components. The dual transformers are isolated and effectively shielded to prevent unwanted interaction with other components.
Unique mechanical design ensures optimal thermal tracking between drivers and output devices. The separate driver section has its own power supply from individual windings on the custom-built toroidal transformers and features its own generous bank of proprietary Gryphon capacitors.
The output section employs Sanken bipolar output devices for extreme reliability in addition to outstanding sonic performance. These transistors deliver momentary peak power of 4,000 Watts per channel without overload. Each of the 48 transistors is bypassed with individual film capacitors.
In the best Gryphon tradition, the Colosseum utilizes a completely independent transformer and power supply for display and control circuits, creating an effective firewall that prevents digital noise generated by these circuits from reaching the amplifier circuits.
Negative feedback is not used and DC coupling is achieved with DC servo circuitry. Internal wiring in the signal path is kept to an absolute minimum. The finest Gryphon Guideline Reference silver cable is used throughout.
The Gryphon Colosseum is fitted with balanced inputs exclusively. Eliminating phono sockets in the signal path ensures the integrity of the sensitive audio signal.
The custom-built Gryphon speaker terminals accept bare wire, spade lugs, banana connectors for a tight, reliable connection.
- Pure Dual Mono configuration
- Zero global negative feedback
- 48 high current bipolar output transistors
- 340,000 µF capacitor bank
- Balanced circuit
- DC servo-coupling
- Gryphon Guideline silver internal wiring
- Decoupled Printed Circuit Boards and transformer castings
- Military spec. double-sided printed circuit boards
- Two separate Holmgren toroidal transformers with internal magnetic shielding
- Separate power supplies for digital and analogue circuits
- Gold-plated Swiss Neutric XLR input sockets
- Gold-plated custom-built binding posts
- Vacuum Fluorescent Display
- Adjustable display brightness
- Selectable automatic Green Bias setting or manual Low/Mid/High bias
- Firmware upgrades via PC
- Non-invasive protection system
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.