Gryphon Antileon EVO Mono Amplifier
Product Code : Antileon EVO Mono
Gryphon Antileon EVO employs true Class A bias for instantaneous availability of full current at all times.
Gryphon rejects any biasing scheme which attempts to simulate Class A bias by switching to a higher bias level when a more dynamic signal is detected. This type of sensor can only respond after the fact, because it is not possible to adjust bias rapidly enough to accurately “track” dynamic changes in real time in music which is rich in impulses.
For situations in which the full power of the Antileon EVO will not be required (a small room, undemanding music, background listening, efficient loudspeakers, etc.) the owner has the option of selecting full or reduced Class A bias via front panel controls.
For a more flexible approach, when paired with a Gryphon preamplifier via Gryphon’s proprietary Green Bias Link, power amplifier bias can be adjusted automatically in relation to the position of the preamplifier’s volume control. The user always has Class A power on tap as needed at any given time with massive power reserves ready and waiting.
- 175 Watts Pure Class A mono
- Parallel coupling (not bridging/series coupling) reduces distortion and output impedance by 50%, doubles damping factor and current capability
- Fully balanced input and Voltage Amplifier Stage (VAS)
- 40 High current bipolar output transistors
- 670,000 µF power capacitor bank
- Newly developed ultrafast J-FET input stage
- Custom-developed ultra-low noise regulated power supply for voltage amplifier stage (VAS).
- DC servo circuitry with Mundorf RXF Polypropylene capacitors for power supply decoupling
- Takman REY precision resistors
- Flat frequency response to beyond 350 kHz
- Gryphon Guideline Reference gold-embedded silver internal wiring
- Custom-built dual toroidal transformers
- Shielded, epoxy-damped transformer casings suspended for effective vibration isolation
- Isolated power supply for display and control circuits
- No output relays
- Frequency-independent damping factor
- Proprietary Gryphon double binding posts
- Automatic Green Class A bias setting or manual Low/High bias selection
- AC power status and polarity display
- Rigid mechanical structure
- Microprocessor-controlled non-invasive “smart” protection system
- Double sealed, mil spec PCB with 105 µm copper traces