Your Cart is Currently Empty
The Audio Note (UK) M9 Pre Amplifier is without doubt or question, the finest Phonostage equipped preamplifier we have ever produced, and the Line Stage is only surpassed in performance by our own M10 Line. As one would expect, no expense has been spared in the construction of the circuit or the components used, and is a full Audio Note (UK) Level 5 product.
It is well known that the accurate reproduction of music, not just sound, requires the purity of the incoming signal to be preserved. It is therefore not difficult to conclude that, in order to achieve this goal and to retain the musicality of the original performance, the complexity of the circuitry itself must be kept to a minimum. In response to this, the M9 preamplifier uses a single-ended, zero feedback circuit topology. This is simply the most linear design possible, demanding pure Class A valve operation and removing the need for a phase splitter, which introduces unnecessary crossover distortion.
In contrast to the majority of the audio industry, we design our circuits with the aim of minimising non-harmonic and time base anomalies, rather than producing vanishingly small harmonic or low intermodulation distortion measurements. These non-harmonic amplitude and time base distortions have a highly perceptible and adverse affect on the signal waveform, and it is far more important to address these factors than participate in the increasingly irrelevant numbers game that chases „perfect measured response‟.
As a result, the M9 was designed for maximum linearity and minimum transient distortion, and avoids the need for detrimental „corrective‟ measures, such as inherently error-prone feedback loops.
The phonostage installed in the M9 is without equal or parallel, and uses the finest possible components to produce a sound quality that is truly outstanding.
Unlike the majority of preamplifiers available today, the M9 Phono preamplifier is equipped with a „Stereo / Mono‟ switch, to maximise the performance and enjoyment of the large quantity of high quality mono recordings that are still available.
The M9 features a pair of correctly engineered balanced / XLR inputs for sources with suitable balanced outputs. Each input is connected directly to an in-house custom designed and produced, silver wired input transformer, which offers the finest possible input for your XLR Line level source outputs.
Each stage of the preamplifier is powered by an independent power supply, housed in a separate chassis chassis. As one would expect, the output transformers for the M9 are some of the finest possible examples we can produce. Each transformer is fully silver wound, and feature our own 55% nickel iron C-Cores.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.