Your Cart is Currently Empty
The Audio Note (UK) M2 Pre Amplifier has been specifically engineered for sonic performance rather than technical specification, and fulfils all Audio Note (UK) Level 2 criteria: -
Pure Class A operation
Zero negative feedback
Single Ended circuit topology
Materials and component quality
The M2 Line and M2 Phone are phase inverting.
It is well known that the accurate reproduction of music, not just sound, requires the purity of the incoming signal to be preserved. It is therefore not difficult to conclude that, in order to achieve this goal and to retain the musicality of the original performance, the complexity of the circuitry itself must be kept to a minimum. In response to this, the M2 Pre Amplifier uses a single-ended, zero feedback circuit topology. This is simply the most linear design possible, demanding pure Class A valve operation and removing the need for a phase splitter, which introduces unnecessary crossover distortion.
In contrast to the majority of the audio industry, we design our circuits with the aim of minimising non-harmonic and time base anomalies, rather than producing vanishingly small harmonic or low intermodulation distortion measurements. These non-harmonic amplitude and time base distortions have a highly perceptible and adverse affect on the signal waveform, and it is far more important to address these factors than participate in the increasingly irrelevant numbers game that chases „perfect measured response‟.
As a result, the M2 was designed for maximum linearity and minimum transient distortion, and avoids the need for detrimental „corrective‟ measures, such as inherently error-prone feedback loops.
The M2 Line Pre Amplifier features a 6SN7 line stage and a valve rectified power supply incorporating a 6X5 and an ECL82.
The M2 Phono Pre Amplifier features a pair of 5814a valves for the line stage, an ECC83 and 6DJ8 Moving Magnet phono stage, and a valve rectified power supply incorporating a 6X5 and an ECL82.
The M2 RIAA phono stage features an ECC83 and 6DJ8 Moving Magnet phono stage, and a valve rectified power supply incorporating a 6X5 and an ECL82.
The Balanced versions have a correctly designed and implemented balanced output circuit.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.