Your Cart is Currently Empty
Level Four Red Book CD Player. The CD4.1x is a completely new machine which elevates the one-box CD player to hitherto unknown levels of performance. Never before has it been possible to achieve such quite astonishingly superior levels of digital replay from a single chassis, integrated design.
Whilst the rest of the audiophile world continues it delusional and ultimately doomed love affair with the currently fashionable crop of what are claimed to be 'high resolution' computer sources, we at Audio Note (UK) continue to extract even greater degrees of information and quality from Red Book CD, which is still the best, currently available digital music format.
Audio Note (UK) is highly critical of the digital medium as presented by compact disc; we sincerely hope that you too will find this transport breaks free from the 'digital mould' that we are all so accustomed to, and so opens a new window on your CD collection.
It has been specifically engineered for sonic performance rather than technical specification, and fulfils all Audio Note (UK) Level 4 criteria.
Better, by design
Its shares many of the elements found in two of our most highly regarded Digital playback devices, the CDT Two/II and the DAC2.1x. However, the component quality contained within its solid and purposeful chassis exceeds that of either machine. Our own Audio Note (UK) Tantalum resistors are used, as are a selection of the legendary Black Gate signal Capacitors.
Digital, done right
The Digital section features the highly regarded Analogue Devices AD1865 digital to analogue converter chip, the same device that we use in our highest level stand alone DACs. This 18bit device has consistently outperformed every competing chip we have tested regardless of specification or price.
The analogue output stage is based around two ECC88 dual triode valves, and the output capacitors are our own Audio Note (UK) copper foil variety.
Special attention has been paid to the power supplies in the CD4.1x; even the display has its own dedicated supply, which reduces internal noise to an exceptionally low level. Also - and surprisingly for a one box machine - the power supply is a valve rectified design, using a single 6X5.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.