Your Cart is Currently Empty
When we decided to develop a new range of budget to mid priced tonearms to replace our long lived and loved ARM-One, Two and Three, we obviously had high hopes and expectations for the new design. We are extremely pleased to announce that the new Version II models have exceeded even our high standards. Ladies and Gentlemen, we give you the Audio Note (UK) ARM-Two/II.
We needed an arm that could be accommodated by not only our own range of turntables, but also by the many designs that were cut for the classic single hole 'Rega' mounting that has dominated the industry for so many years. Yet at the same time, we needed something that would truly push the boundaries of performance, design and quality, not only from a build perspective but also from the vitally important sound quality perspective also. This would require a complete rethink of many of the design criteria, and a level of engineering precision and quality that is rarely seen in the world of HiFi.
All of the new arms are manufactured in a state of the art machining facility located in Austria. We don't use parts manufactured by any other company for our new arms; every single piece is custom designed and manufactured by us and for us. This was the only way we could guarantee to get the results we were aiming for. Many people thought we were crazy to contemplate such an undertaking, especially considering the relatively modest prices we wanted to offer the new arms for, but such things have never worried us in the past, so why should they now! It took us over a year of painstaking prototyping, testing, redesigning and re-prototyping to finalise the design... and the results truly astonishing.
The new arms all share the same construction, based around an armtube that is machined from a single billet of high-grade aluminium. It is tapered both internally and externally, which reduces overall mass and also increases stiffness. The structural rigidity of this design allows the new arms to work with almost any design of cartridge, regardless of weight or compliance. From the lightest tracking moving magnet right up to our own IO models, the new arms allow the cartridge to track superbly, minimising noise and maximising music.
Bias adjustment is achieved via the classic 'falling weight' method. We found this to be by far the most easy to adjust and reliable method of bias adjustment.
The vertical and horizontal bearings are not the usual 'ball racer' type. Instead we use a rarely seen 'captured unipivot' arrangement, which provides significantly superior performance to any conventional arrangement.
As discussed above, we chose to stay with the mounting system used on our earlier generation of arms. But for the new models, we also introduced a method of adjusting the arm height via a threaded collar and locking nut, allowing the stylus rake angle to be precisely adjusted.
Silver inside and out
The Arm Two/II uses our own high purity Silver Litz wire inside the armtube, and our own AN-V silver cable from the arm base to the phono plugs.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.