Your Cart is Currently Empty
The small form factor Antipodes S40 uses the same server engine as is used in the K30, but is powered by a standard external power supply brick. The S40 can be upgraded by adding the HSL50-based S60 Power Supply, to deliver considerably better audio performance.
The Antipodes S40 uses the v5.2H board. This board is a 'first' - the first Antipodes board that is excellent for both server apps and player apps. It is recommended for use as:
- A powerful Server/Player, running both Server Apps and Player Apps, or
- A dedicated Server-only, to stream to the Ethernet input of your DAC (or Amp), or to stream to an Antipodes S30 (used as a Player-only).
The Antipodes S40 includes analog output on headphone jack. This is provided for convenience and does not imply we have included a headphone DAC of the same class as the music server engine. The analog sound is good and is provided to enable an easier entry point for someone that does not yet have a good DAC. To realise the full potential of the S40, you should add a quality DAC, or stream to a quality Player such as an Antipodes S30.
Install your own storage disk, up to 5TB HDD or 8TB SSD, or have your provider install it for you. Add USB drives. Include music files located elsewhere on your network. Upload music files from anywhere on your network. Add internet streaming services. Attach an Antipodes K10 Ripper to import music from your CDs. All easily user-configurable to form a single integrated music library that is available to all playback solutions selected.
Easily select the playback solutions you wish to use, from the world's best high-end digital audio software providers. Stream by Direct Ethernet connection or USB Audio to your main stereo system, and at the same time stream over your network to streaming devices.
Setup and control everything from your desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Analog Headphone Output
- Two USB Ports for USB Disks
- Dual USB Ports For External CD Ripper (eg. Antipodes K10)
- Ethernet Connection to Network on RJ45
- Ethernet Connection for Direct Streaming to Streamer on RJ45
- Two Servicing Ports
- Two USB Audio 2.0 Outputs
- 12VDC Input (3A Minimum, 5A Preferred)
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.