Your Cart is Currently Empty
The MHA150 Headphone Amplifier is a worthy successor to the critically-acclaimed MHA100. The MHA150 contains the same feature set and performance standards but adds our new 2nd generation digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides support for DSD and DXD files to give you access to the latest in digital music.
Like the MHA100, the MHA150 continues to take advantage of unique McIntosh technologies to create the best possible personal listening experience regardless of the headphones you use. Our Autoformer technology found in our large mono and stereo amplifiers has been adapted to produce three headphone impedance ranges of 8-40, 40-150 and 150-600 ohms so that every headphone will receive the legendary McIntosh sound quality and performance.
For enjoying DSD and DXD files, the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 along with DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Our proprietary MCT input has also been added to the MHA150; when paired with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport‹, it offers a secure DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio on SACDs.
For connecting digital devices, an optical and coaxial input are included along with the USB and MCT inputs; two analog inputs are also available. Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD) brings added dimension to your music in a natural sounding way but can be turned off depending on your preferences. The MHA150 is smaller than our other amplifiers, giving you additional flexibility to locate it almost anywhere in your space. It's the same width as the MB50 Streaming Audio Player and the two can be combined to start building a complete system.
The MHA150 is powerful and versatile enough to drive a pair of quality desktop or small bookshelf speakers‹ via its 50 watt stereo speaker outputs. Our patented Power Guard technology is included and will prevent clipping that could damage your headphones or speakers. A 5 step Bass Boost Control allows for further sound customization.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.