Your Cart is Currently Empty
The advanced DAC at the heart of the Gryphon Scorpio makes a major contribution to the player's effortlessly natural rendering of a three-dimensional soundscape with exceptional timing and razor-shape detail.
In the interest of extracting the purest, most unadulterated sound possible, timing issues are addressed with two independent, specially designed, temperature-compensated crystal oscillators accurate to better than five parts per million.
Gryphon's pioneering upsampling technology significantly reduces filter demands on the analogue side of the D/A converter by shifting the spectrum of quantization noise (aliasing) up and away from the range in which it is most detrimental, so that the upper corner frequency of the digital anti-aliasing filter is more than four times that of the standard 44.1 kHz sample rate..
Despite claims made by some manufacturers, upsampling can neither miraculously restore lost information nor generate new information from the original 44.1 kHz source. What properly implemented upsampling can do is eliminate the need for conventional, steep-slope analogue filtering altogether.
In the Gryphon Scorpio, this filter is replaced by a single, silvered Mica capacitor acting as a simple, first-order analogue output filter, preserving the integrity of the audio signal for a pristine presentation staged against an utterly silent, "black" backdrop with a noise floor well below that of the recording itself.
Gryphon Scorpio executes the filter function benignly in the digital domain by employing asynchronous 32-bit/192 kHz sample rate conversion originally introduced in the digital reference standard Gryphon Mikado Signature to ensure greater resolution of fine detail, sharper image focus and extended high-frequency response.
By executing the filter function benignly in the digital domain with asynchronous 32-bit/192 kHz sample rate conversion originally introduced in the digital reference standard Gryphon Mikado Signature CD player, Gryphon Scorpio achieves extraordinary resolution of fine detail, sharp image focus and extended high-frequency response.
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.