Your Cart is Currently Empty
In Greek mythology, Pandora was created at Zeus' command as the first woman on earth. Her name means "the all-gifted", because the gods endowed her with numerous precious talents. From Aphrodite, she received beauty, divine grace, charm and harmony; from Apollo, the gift of music; from Hermes, the power of subtle persuasion; from Athena, soul and from the Graces, love, tenderness, beauty, kindness, pleasure, creativity, artistry, and sensuality.
We have captured these virtues in the four-chassis Gryphon Pandora preamplifier with total isolation of left and right channels on separate chassis and dedicated dual mono power supplies in individual chassis to protect the audio signal from any interference.
The dual mono aspect of the design is taken to the practical extreme with separate detachable power cords and separate power switches for each channel.
Thanks to creative engineering and unbridled freedom in its design and execution, Gryphon Pandora is empowered to reveal more of the recorded source than any previous preamplifier. Only the finest components, selected for both technical and audio parameters, have been implemented, including Japanese Takman resistors and Charcroft Z-Foil resistors. Signal transmission between preamp and power amp takes place in fully balanced mode for low signal loss and minimal distortion.
Pandora also marks the introduction of a newly developed single-ended Class A input buffer stage consisting of only two transistors and a single resistor to maintain the transparency, speed and openness of the audio signal.
- True Dual Mono configuration
- Fully discrete pure Class A with ultra-short signal path
- 2 x 90,000 microFarad capacity banks
- Ultra-wideband 3 MHz frequency response
- Zero negative feedback
- DC-coupling with servo-control
- Isolated power supply for non-audio circuits
- Extensive mechanical decoupling
- Extensive local voltage regulation
- Big-wheel, ball-bearing, microprocessor-controlled 85-step relay volume attenuator featuring Charcroft Z-Foil Audio ultra precision resistors and ultra low capacitance relays for best sonic performance
- New, high-speed, discrete single-ended Class A input buffer developed for best possible sonic performance
- Select premium-grade components, including Takman Audio resistors
- Minimal internal wiring
- Military spec. double-sided up to 70µm copper printed circuit boards
- Two separate custom-made C-core transformers, one for each channel
- Gold-plated input-isolating relays
- PCB-mounted sockets eliminate wiring and shorten signal path
- Gold-plated Swiss Neutric XLR sockets for three balanced sources and two outputs
- Gold-plated phono sockets with Teflon insulation for two inputs and one Tape output
- Optional integrated, Gryphon Phono Stage or Legato Heritage RIAA module
- Fixed-level AV throughput for uncompromising integration with surround systems
- Microprocessor-controlled menu functions
- Adjustable channel balance, source level matching, start-up and maximum level
- Green Bias control for Gryphon power amplifiers
- Graphical Vacuum Fluorescent Display
- Backlit touch-sensitive front panel controls
- Adjustable display illumination (High, Medium, Low, Off)
- Non-magnetic, non-resonant aluminium cabinets
- 12 V DC link input and output
- Flash memory upgrades via PC or key-fob
- Infrared remote control
- Standby power consumption <1W
- EU CE approval
- Designed and built in Denmark
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.