Your Cart is Currently Empty
Gryphon Diablo is quite possibly the most popular High End integrated amplifier of all time. Despite sales of thousands of units, its virtual absence from the second-hand market is a reliable indicator of the extreme loyalty of Diablo owners.
Now, the Gryphon Diablo makes way for the Gryphon Diablo 300, a revitalised iteration of the technologies and components that made it the world's most award-winning High End integrated amplifier.
In updating the Diablo, the Gryphon engineering team faced a considerable challenge. In addition to Product of the Year awards including Lyd & Bilde (Norway), 6 Moons.com (USA) and Haute FidelitΩ (France), many of the most critical professional listeners have been inspired to effusive praise, as in this evocative turn of phrase from Hi Fi Choice (UK): "Sounds like God's own stereo."
And there are many more:
"Ultimately, Gryphon's Diablo is a contradiction in terms, because the sound it makes is truly Angelic." Australian Hi Fi
"Spectacular design and equally spectacular sound quality. An ultra-cool potent amplifier for demanding loudspeakers and demanding listeners." Lyd & Bilde (Norway)
6mooms.com noted "the phenomenal level of resolution, detail retrieval, ambience recreation and dynamics this amplifier is capable of."
The original Diablo also found its way into the pages of the mainstream press, where the Sydney Morning Herald (Australia) praised its "exceptional sound quality, even when driving speakers other amplifiers have found difficult to handle."
- 2 x 300W (8 Ohm), 2 x 600W (4 Ohm), 2 x 950W (2 Ohm)
- True Dual Mono configuration
- Zero negative feedback
- Microprocessor-controlled 43-step fully balanced relay volume attenuator for best sonic performance based on a minimalist contingent of ultra-precision resistors
- Ultra-short signal path
- Minimal internal wiring
- Military spec. dual-layer and four-layer printed circuit boards with up to 105 micron copper traces
- Dual Mono Holmgren toroidal transformer with vacuum treated core and windings to virtually eliminate mechanical noise
- PCB-mounted sockets eliminate wiring and shorten signal path
- New, high-speed, discrete single-ended Class A input buffer for best possible sonic performance
- Gold-plated Swiss Neutrik XLR sockets for two balanced sources
- Gold-plated phono sockets with Teflon insulation for 3 inputs and 2 outputs
- Fixed-level AV throughput for uncompromising integration with surround preamplifier
- Input level matching to prevent abrupt level changes
- Large Vacuum Fluorescent Display for easy legibility
- Adjustable display lighting (100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, Off)
- Backlit touch-sensitive front panel controls
- Optional MM/MC phonostage module
- Optional PCM/DSD DAC module with one USB, 2 x SPDIF, 1 AES and 1 optical input
- 12V DC link input and output
- Flash memory upgrades via key fob
- Local shunt regulators for optimal noise suppression
- Non-invasive protection system
- Infrared remote control
- Input for external iInfrared receiver
- Standard power consumption: less than 0.5 W, conforming to latest EU standards
- EU CE approval
- Designed and built in Denmark
All orders are processed within 48 hours from date of order.
We offer Free Ground Shipping on all orders regardless of size.
- If you would like to receive your order quicker you can request Express shipping during Check-Out in the Comments section. Additional charges will apply.
- In-stock items are shipped from our Vancouver warehouse and will reach major Canadian cities in 5-7 business days.
- Items not in stock will either ship from one of our manufacturer partners' warehouses or in rare cases first must be sent to Vancouver and then to you.
- If the expected arrival to you will be more than 7 business days you will be notified by email and at that point you will have the option to proceed or if you cannot wait then order can be cancelled.
We will gladly:
- (a) exchange a product that is not special ordered, or shipped from one of our partner warehouses, for a new product of equal value (product purchased must be unopened)
- (b) exchange a product if it is defective or damaged for the same product
within 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
Returns for refund are not accepted.
For an exchange, you must notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt of your email by reply and assist you in returning the product as identified below. Make sure to send and have your return package post marked within the 15 days after the product has been delivered to you.
- Headphones may not be returned or exchanged for any reason, only defective units will be replaced for the same model
- Items that have been opened may not be returned
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may cancel an order if the product is not delivered to the delivery address on your order form within 30 days of the date your order is accepted.
To cancel, you must notify us by email at email@example.com. We will acknowledge receipt of your email and process the cancellation.
Products returning for exchange must be unused and in their sealed, original factory packaging.
Buyer is responsible for return shipping costs.